Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Terroir Finale

We were lucky enough to have the company of Scott Lucey tonight, who is visiting from Alterra in Wisconsin. He joined us for our last in depth look at the roaster that's commonly agreed to be wildly different from our own. Scott showed up with his friend Elicia to take part in our experiment, hopping on the bar and pulling standard sized 30 second, 2 ounce shots at 194 degrees. We also passed around a french press of Georges North Daterra. Because we were playing on a live bar tonight our customers were unknowing participants in our games, and I must admit that we had our share of positive feedback from them. Some commented on the obvious brightness of their shots, while others simply complimented the smoothness of their cappucinos. There were also a couple girls who came back to the bar to point out that their lattes weren't as strong as usual. All valid points, and clearly relevant to their respective drinks.

All in all I've got to give it to George. He clearly has a deep understanding for his own objectives and is executing it well. For such a different approach to what we're used to here in Brooklyn, he's definitely impressed me. As for Scott, I hope he shows up tomorrow during the morning rush and offers to work my shift for me. Elicia (who lives in Brooklyn) can fill out the paperwork and work fulltime.

Thanks George! I hear eccos of a future Guest Espresso bouncing down the streets...

2 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Mike White said...

awesome, no matter what he says don't taste his triple ristretto. It's harsher than reggimite. It's made for standard shots!

 
At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, what fun! Wish I could have participated, but no worries. I'm enjoying a press pot of Gimme Bolivia as I type. Back to it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home