Monday, August 28, 2006

Cupping ECAFE


Chris from Cafe Grumpy calls me up and says, "we are cupping 7 of the ECAFE coffees tomorrow and I thought you might want to join in" Of course I do. These are the top Ethiopian coffees of this year. Who wouldn't want to be a part of this.

So I show up and as it turns out, I heard wrong. It wasn't 7 coffees Counter Culture Coffee had sent them, it was 27 coffees. Daniel only planned on cupping 18 of them which was, I will admit, was a slight relief.

Whirlwind of sniffing, slurping and spitting ensued. Did I have a favorite? It is hard to say. I mean these are the top coffees that Ethiopia has to offer. If I had to choose....

In the Natural category: The Sidamo, Wotona & Bultuma, Rank 4, cupping score 90.8

In the Washed category: The Sidamo, Gerbicho Lela, Rank 3, Cupping score 88.2

This was a great learning experience and a lot of fun. Many thanks to everyone at Grumpy for letting me be a part of it.

1 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Mike White said...

my cabbie last night was from Harrar...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home