Thursday, September 07, 2006

Terroir is on the Way

I'm happy to report that my new friend in Massachusetts Jerry O'Hare has packed a 10lb bag of George's finest in a box with my name on it. We discussed their brewing specifications and I've ordered baskets that will help us dial in the shots. With our GB5, setting the boiler to the desired temp will be a piece of cake. Now all we have to do is wait for it. If you're in town this weekend and want to play, or just taste, now would be a good time. 10lbs won't last too long since we'll be using it on a live bar, but we don't have a separate space to do this kind of stuff in private. At least this way it gives our customers a chance to witness our commitment to coffee, as well as our motivation to appreciate others. On a personal note I'm excited to work in depth with someone else's coffee since I've worked almost exclusively with ours since we started roasting in 2001. I don't think I've pulled ten pounds worth of shots with anything else since, though i've certainly tasted a batch or two.

4 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Nick said...

Woah.

That Terroir is gonna be pretty much the most opposite-from-Gimme as you're gonna find out there.

Have fun!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Mike White said...

Nick, that makes it a great place to start. I'm excited.

Gabe, take your time. We appreciate that you'd send any at all.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Mike White said...

yeeeah...we suck. we both didn't show but didn't know the other hadn't till this morning. sorry grumpies.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Mike White said...

We'll catch the next one Reggie. Daniel said it was happening every week from now on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home