Friday, September 15, 2006

Gimme Love

Though I previously made allusions to our next featured guest in the "guest espresso" program, an old friend has stopped me in my tracks with a text message promising me a surprise Monday delivery. He and I started this coffee journey together more than a few years ago and he's since moved westward and northward, working his way through some of the finest coffeeshops in North America. When I posted earlier about the "unsung hero's" in the industry, he was one of the hero's I had in mind. Always selfless in his devotion to his coffee and colleagues, Gabe's quiet professionalism has surprised me yet again with a little gift. I'm looking forward to it.

3 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger Mike White said...

ground floor. you were there.

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't aware of Gabe's blog before this. Wow - guy sounds like he could be head of the PDX chamber of commerce. Great 'inside look' posts on the move to Stumptown.

Now we really have to get to Portland...

But, but, but... isn't the mantra that Stumptown doesn't ship East?? Does this "gift" mean there's hope for others east of the Rockies?

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Mike White said...

gabe is acting as my friend and fellow coffee lover, independently of his employer. We're gonna break down some barriers! Plus i think i have to send him some bagels in return!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home