Monday, September 18, 2006

Cupping some Terroir

Just before the tornado that is the New York Times hit, I met up with Jaime during his quick visit to NYC. We talked coffee for a good hour. Maybe more. Which I was very happy to do.

To get right to the point, Jaime brought me a gift of a couple of Terroir coffees for me to cup.

A couple of days later, Mike and I cupped the Yirgacheffe.

Dry aroma: Black tea and peppercorns

Wet aroma: Black tea all the way

Taste: Darjeeling Tea and a soft lemon like citrus.

And when I say tea, that does not mean "Oh, yeah, I guess I can see tea in there." No, no, this tastes exactly like tea. Oh, and I think it is an amazing coffee by the way.

Mike's cupping notes: "OH - and tea too"

2 Comments:

At 1:10 AM, Blogger Jaime van Schyndel said...

I remember at one cupping someone said ginger lemon tea with a touch of honey. Muthwatering cuppers syndrome ;) Hope you guys enjoyed it or at least it was an interesting experience.
Cheers,

Jaime

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Chris Owens said...

It was great. Thank you again. And, don't forget, if all goes well I will be returning with some KAFFA A/S for us to cup.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home