Friday, August 11, 2006

Latte Art in Brooklyn

Chris and I were playing with the digi cam today and documented a couple of our lattes. Since we frequently work together and divide the labor into two parts, espresso and milk, I haven't had a lot of experience steaming milk in the last couple of weeks. It was good exercise for me.





Here's one by me.


















Here's one by Chris.













As you can see Chris definitely creates a finer texture than I do. I think he likes to challenge himself by seeing how fine he can go and still pour nice artwork.
Of course there was also some experimentation with other designs and soy milk, but when Chris started pouring three rosettas with the soy that's when I had to cut him off. The world isn't ready for that yet and the intricacies would have been lost on the other side of the bar.

If you really wanna see, some other choice pics from the series can be viewed here.

1 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Mike White said...

i prefer to outsource.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home