Monday, November 13, 2006

Dirty Dirty

It would be a slight understatement to say that there are big changes happening very soon. I'm nervous, a little sad, but over all very very excited.

You see, I'm moving. Not to a new apartment, in a new neighborhood. Nope. To a whole new city. In a whole new state. Atlanta, GA.



I'm sad because this means my time with Gimme! Coffee is coming to an end. Gimme!, in many ways, has been my salvation. I'll save you from the details. Except to say that it is extremely special to me and always will be.

First and foremost, I owe a huge debt to Mike White. He is responsible for inviting me into the Gimme! family and with that providing my entrance into this world of coffee. A community I am truly awed at being a part of. He decided to take a risk on the oddly quiet, intense, slightly scary kid sipping his espresso alone in the back booth. For this I will never be able to repay him.

Thank you Mike.

Enormous thanks also go out Kevin Cuddeback. He did START Gimme Coffee! after all. More important than that is the fact that he recognized my passion for coffee and did everything he could to support and foster that. Even if it meant spending ten days in Norway.

What will I do in Atlanta you ask?

Well, I'm very excited to announce that I am accepting the Customer Relations (trainer) position at the new Counter Culture Coffee training lab in downtown Atlanta.

I have a few weeks left on the bar at Gimme! Brooklyn. So, come down and say bye... or good riddance. Either way, come and see us. Oh yeah, and you can get some coffee too.

11 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Blogger Mike White said...

wait, you're leaving? just kidding. this blog isn't an appropriate place for me to discuss what we've been through. suffice it to say it's been a long strange trip. in the meantime, see ya tomorrow.

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean you're going to be a Braves fan?

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Chris Owens said...

Only time will tell. I do know it's gonna be hard to be a Formula 1 fan in NASCAR country. That's for sure.

Go Kimi!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Meister said...

I'm really excited for you and can't wait to hear about your Southern coffee adventures! Congratulations!

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger cafegrumpy said...

Good luck Chris. We will miss you quite a bit, but will miss M'lissa even more!

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In tha ATL, its spelled "drrrrrty"

-Ky Gl

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many, many thanks for your hardcore & steadfast contributions on the bar, Chris. You're an insatiable coffee heavy.

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're looking forward to getting you down here in Atlanta! Our shop is practically walking distance to your new office, so expect us to bug you to death to share some of your skills. Counter Culture is an amazing group of people. See you soon!

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY much looking forward to having you here. I think we're going to have a whole lotta fun represent'n CCC in the ATL...especially with Tony's place within walking distance from our front door.

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I know is this is the final push for me to get out to ATL and throw some 'bows.

OK, it may not be USBC compatible, but how about a sig drink with sizurrrrrp? Think about it...

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger TruthBrew said...

Congrats Chris!

And also thanks to you (and Mike) for spending a bit of time "teaching" your latte art pouring techniques and sharing other coffee thoughts when I visited in October.

You'll have to buy your MR2 now, as you'll live in an area where driving an MR2 year round is practical!

Cheers and good luck in the south.

Jeff
"TruthBrew"
from Minneapolis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home