Thursday, March 30, 2006

Espresso Viking

So, I have been trying to put this together for months now. It has finally happened. The dates are in. June 6th through the 8th, I am going to be in Oslo, Norway to train. As if that isn't cool enough, my trainer will be Tim Wendelboe. For those of you who don't know, although if you're reading this you probably do, Tim is the 2004 World Barista Champion, not to mention placing second in 2001 AND 2002. He was the manager of the famed Stockfleth's and also handled roasting and blending espresso for their coffee bars. On top of that, he is a contributor to Barista Magazine. Needless to say, it is an honor for me to be able to spend three days looking at all aspects of espresso with someone of Tim's stature. But wait, as if that wasn't enough, the training is being hosted by Solberg & Hansen. They are the largest suppliers of specialty coffee and tea in Norway. This is an amazing opportunity. It will be Tim, me and Kevin (impresario of Gimme! Coffee) taking apart coffee for three solid days. I am so excited I can hardly handle it.

Before that happens though, on April 7th through the 10th, it's off to the SCAA
18th Annual Conference and USBC in Charlotte, N.C. with the upstate Gimme crew.

Wow! Looks like May is going to be lame.

14 links. Beat that Mike!

1 Comments:

At 3:53 AM, Blogger Thomas W. Gauperaa said...

Cool stuff. Tim is a very very capable barista. You'll learn lots. Check out my norwegian coffee bars wiki for info about coffee bars in Oslo. Cya, Thomas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home